[Osmf-talk] OSMF board face to face meeting (F2F) facilitation.

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Fri Dec 21 12:51:47 UTC 2018

On 21.12.18 14:35, Christoph Hormann wrote:

>>> I am really not sure if you realize what you are saying with that
>>> kind of statement.
>>
>> Christoph, please don't just go virtual *GASP* *SILENCE*.
>
> I am sorry, yes, this was a bit snotty of me.
>
> The statement cited to me communicates two things:
>
> * that Mikel equates his ability of imagination whith what is
> objectively imaginable.
> * that Mikel considers his peer group (digital activists from every
> corner of the world) as being a representation of the full diversity of
> human culture.
>
> What i am not sure about is if that is a deliberate and conscious
> statement to convice the reader that he and Gunner are really familiar
> with the full range of cultural diversity we have on Earth or if he is
> just unaware that what is imaginable for him is just a small window in
> the full range of cultural views and values we have - among people in
> general and in the OSM community in particular.

I'd guess that he meant "some of the most diverse groups of people
imaginable" in the context of OSM.

It might have been better if you had phrased it as a question, giving
specific examples of what diversity you suspect missing from Mikel's
interactions, and allowed him to expand on that.
--
 Rihards