[Osmf-talk] Humanitarian work (was: 2018 a third episode...)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 24 00:10:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 23.12.2018 11:07, Simon Poole wrote:
> And the relationship between HOT and its non-existent subsidiaries has
> been puzzling for a long time  (as said this is not the first time I've
> had questions about it).

Is it perhaps a bit like with our local chapters which we might well, in
a situation where we want to emphasize our importance, describe with
words that sound like they were subsidiaries ("the OSMF also has local
organisations in several countries") but legally they are not ("the OSMF
has signed cooperation agreements with independent entities in a number
of countries"?

>> I suggest starting with asking the person most likely to be able to
>> authoritatively answer, Tyler Radford, Executive Director of HOT,
>> tyler.radford at hotoms.org.

> Tyler wasn't brandishing the HOT 990.

Well if you do ask him, you could post the reply here :)

Bye
Frederik