[Osmf-talk] on the slashdot article

F. et H. Sainct fh.sainct at laposte.net
Sat Feb 17 20:53:54 UTC 2018

regarding :

> "The Future of Free and Open-Source Maps" Slashdot.org ,
I doubt there be extraordinary solutions in the /. discussion, but I
must say the quote '/instead rest largely on one individual, who (while
personally friendly) ranges from skeptical to openly hostile to change'
/is to me perfectly true.

That's even the reason whyi stopped participating to the goundation -I
vividly remember having proposed some reflection on the *altitude* data
within the database, which just went spat out by the single individual
above with obviously zero chance to be even discussed.

Now, I regularly bring corrections in my country, and OsmAnd is my
single and only GPS ;-)

H.
//

--