[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Nov 2 14:13:52 UTC 2018

If companies were open about this, I don't have a problem. OSMF members
should be allowed to make recommendations. A company, or boss, should
have to openly publish any "recommendations", rather than use internal
company resources in secret. Transparency is important here.

I don't think "paying for the membership fee" is a good yardstick.
Banning that won't change a lot IMO. It's only ~€20, affordable to
employees of big tech companies. Bosses can promise enough things in
compensation.

I'm curious if there is any communication between any company's doing
this and the candidates. Do candidates every ask friends in companies to
do this?

--
Rory, who is in the 'what did you expect' camp.