[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Steve Friedl steve at unixwiz.net
Sat Nov 10 17:50:23 UTC 2018

Frederik said:
> the overwhelming majority of OSMFers participating in this discussion
> would prefer employers to refrain from suggesting what their employees
> should vote for.

Yes, I think we all agree, but I am not sure we need to do anything about it.

I believe that if an employer is doing this with enough employees to make a
meaningful difference in outcomes, at least one of them would tip off the
community, and the public shaming that would follow would be enough of a
disincentive.

Steve