[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Sun Nov 11 23:30:39 UTC 2018

On 12.11.18 01:13, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> It appears that you have *more* confidence in business entities doing
> the right thing, than in human beings doing the right thing.
>
> I, on the other hand, trust people more and business entities less.
>
> I believe that business entities and morals don't go together well. You
> can have good people in a business entity but if they don't deliver
> because they have morals then they will be replaced by people with less
> morals who are better for profit. That's how things work.

That's a very insightful comparison, at least for me.

When an individual acts as an ass, they are denounced because we have at
least some expectations of morality.
When individuals in a company act as a collective ass, too often we hear
"what did you expect, companies have no morality, their only goal is
profit".

Unless we reverse this and require companies to be more moral than
individuals, we should give a bit more lenience to individuals, not
companies.
--
 Rihards