[Osmf-talk] Reminder - Etiquette guidelines

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 18:13:51 UTC 2018

We have a very wide range of languages and cultures in OSM.  I have
difficulty sometimes catching the references and meanings of North American
posters.  There doesn't seem to be any AI translators of one dialect of
English to another.

At least within the OSMF mailing group people are known after paying their
membership fees.  The intent I think is to work together but it isn't
always apparent to those reading the messages.

 It would appear there is a larger problem on social media and in emails
sent to the DWG etc. and that is a much larger concern.  They are
volunteers so don't have to put up with the flak.

Thank you to them for keeping going.

John