[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:13:35 UTC 2019

> My opinion is your communications on these email lists is more
> damaging to OSM and the community than any 100 folks signing up from
> the same company for whatever reason.
Blake, I appreciate you raising these points about how we communicate on osmf-talk. But it's unhelpful to prioritize one thing over another or point fingers in any particular direction. That's only going to enflame an already burning situation. Most urgent is handling the GL situation.
Longer term, we have a lot of work to do on our governance, how we conceive and organize membership, and how we gather views. Clearly we'd outgrown the governance model of 15 GBP sign up and a mailing list that we quickly put together in 2008. Figuring out what's next, after the immediate situation, is going to take a lot of work.-Mikel
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Friday, February 1, 2019, 9:27:32 AM EST, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

 Hi,

On 2/1/19 2:06 PM, Blake Girardot wrote:
> My opinion is your communications on these email lists is more
> damaging to OSM and the community than any 100 folks signing up from
> the same company for whatever reason.

That is a dangerously naive attitude, and I can only hope you've just
made that statement to be provocative and not because you really care
that little for the OSM Foundation and its members.

It only takes a few "100 folks" to replace the board with company
stooges, take ownership of the domain name and trademarks, suck the
whole thing dry for a few quick bucks from a taxi company, and discard
it as soon as more profit hails elsewhere.

I don't know which community you are talking of that would happily be
governed by whoever pays most but who feel repulsed at someone asking
pointy questions of those in power, but it certainly ain't any community
I ever want to be part of.

Bye
Ferderik

--