[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:41:22 UTC 2019

Hi i was one of the candidates for the board that signed the letter
expressing my concern about this "massive signup".

One question, *not a single* one of these, recently called *100 "humans"
expressed concern, doubts or showed any sign of not being able to vote*?
100, not 10, 100 that did not express themselves about not being able to
vote. Lets me think that people in India are very shy indeed. Lucky we
got 900 members and those "100 humans" were just 1/10 of the members. We
must be doing a great job at promotion to get new members with that rush
sign up.

To me its quite clear what happened and measurements must be taken so it
wont happen ever again. To be honest it might already be happening with
"silent"/"dormant" members on OSMF for future decisions.

Independence, impartially and autonomy ,must be one of the core values
of OSMF. Or we might end up being a dept of role players that use OSM
open data without attribution for their own intends.