[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Mon Feb 4 19:33:09 UTC 2019

On 04.02.19 20:41, Nuno Caldeira wrote:
> Hi i was one of the candidates for the board that signed the letter
> expressing my concern about this "massive signup".
>
> One question, *not a single* one of these, recently called *100 "humans"
> expressed concern, doubts or showed any sign of not being able to vote*?

On this note, a question for the board.
A very humble question, no demands - but hopefully one that is easy to
answer.

What concerns or pleading have been there either from the 100+
individual new members, or anybody from GL regarding the eligibility for
the vote - both last year and any of the future elections?

> 100, not 10, 100 that did not express themselves about not being able to
> vote. Lets me think that people in India are very shy indeed. Lucky we
> got 900 members and those "100 humans" were just 1/10 of the members. We
> must be doing a great job at promotion to get new members with that rush
> sign up.
>
> To me its quite clear what happened and measurements must be taken so it
> wont happen ever again. To be honest it might already be happening with
> "silent"/"dormant" members on OSMF for future decisions.
>
> Independence, impartially and autonomy ,must be one of the core values
> of OSMF. Or we might end up being a dept of role players that use OSM
> open data without attribution for their own intends.
>

> Às 16:33 de 04/02/2019, Michael Reichert escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 04/02/2019 um 00.59 schrieb Rihards:
>>> Perhaps we should reach out to the individuals to assure them of OSM
>>> community welcoming them as individuals no matter what, and offering an
>>> anonymous channel to share information on how the company, or
>>> individuals there, coerced them.
>> Didn't MWG do that already? See pages 15–17 for the outreach to the .IN
>> and .FR group.
>>
>> MWG wrote on page 20 of their report:
>>> We understand from various sources that the company privately raised
>>> the issue of being allowed to vote with the board several times​. The
>>> issue was also raised privately by GlobalLogic employees in
>>> conversations with MWG. Anecdotally, this has barely, if at all, come
>>> up in casual personal conversations with friends who were also cut
>>> off.
>> This reads as if at least one GlobalLogic employee had contact with MWG
>> beyond the reach out described on pp. 15–17.
>> Best regards
>>
>> Michael--
 Rihards