[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Kathleen Lu kathleen.lu at mapbox.com
Mon Feb 4 19:42:41 UTC 2019

> One question, *not a single* one of these, recently called *100 "humans"
> expressed concern, doubts or showed any sign of not being able to vote*?
> 100, not 10, 100 that did not express themselves about not being able to
> vote. Lets me think that people in India are very shy indeed. Lucky we got
> 900 members and those "100 humans" were just 1/10 of the members. We must
> be doing a great job at promotion to get new members with that rush sign up.

Wait a minute. If any of the individuals *had* shown concern about not
being able to vote, wouldn't that have been taken as evidence that they had
been part of a conspiracy to manipulate the election? That the individuals
didn't express any concern re the election suggests support for Darafei's
theory: These individuals agreed to sign up for OSMF (with their employer
facilitating signup and payment) in a manner similar to a job-related
training or certification.
(Whether their managers had any more sinister plans or not is a separate
question, but there's no evidence that the individuals had any intent to do
anything.)
Then the issue blew up with an investigation and lots of questions and
speculation, and now they do not want to say anything for fear of saying
something "wrong" (whether that is by the listserv's standard or their
managers' standard) so they stay silent, or have unsubscribed.
-Kathleen