[Osmf-talk] Help: Using OSM as a personal GIS

Erwin Olario govvin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:49:12 UTC 2019

Planned, proposed, etc features are acceptable using lifecycle prefix tags:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix#Common_lifecycle_prefixes_in_chronological_order

Tagging for the renderer is a different issue altogether, and definitely
unacceptable by community convention.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:37 PM Craig Allan <allan at iafrica.com> wrote:

> Hi List
>
> Help. I have someone using OSM for personal GIS work.  They are
> apparently doing rural planning and maybe EIA analysis. The problem is
> that they are adding (planned?) features that do not exist on any of the
> photos and apparently falsely tagging to ensure a pretty rendering.
> This has been going on for years, but my tolerance has now snapped.
>
> How do we deal firmly with these things? There are age, race and gender
> matters at play too, so very sensitive help is needed.
>
> If someone can help to point me at the most diplomatic solution, please
> write back off-list. This topic will not benefit from the usual flame-wars.
>
> Craig

/Erwin Olario

e: erwin at ngnuity.xyz | v/m: https://t.me/GOwin | s: https://mstdn.io/@GOwin