[Osmf-talk] Next OSMF board meeting this Thursday, 17th of January, at 21:00 London time

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Jan 17 13:19:59 UTC 2019

On Thursday 17 January 2019, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I expect that a significant part of this discussion will be our
> strategy for the discussions with the company responsible (i.e. what
> questions we need to ask, and how we will react if the answers are
> this or that; what options we can offer going forward, etc.). If that
> were publicly known before we even have the discussion, it would
> weaken our position considerably.

When you write "I expect" - does this mean that this is the reason for
the board deciding to discuss this non-publicly or is this just your
personal assumption?

Anyway i don't really follow that reasoning because i can't imagine what
kind of negotiations could take place with "the company responsible"
(which based on what has become publicly known so far is ambiguous
because of subcontracting) that would require to be kept secret from
the OSMF members.  On the contrary from my perspective communications
with a company somehow involved in bulk OSMF signups would profit from
being public rather than private.

Looks like the classic catch-22 of secrecy here - i don't have the
clearance level to be informed about the background that would enable
me to understand the reasons why this is not discussed publicly.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/