[Osmf-talk] Board statement - Membership Working Group report on unusual signups before OSMF election

Vincent Privat vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de
Wed Jan 30 23:10:42 UTC 2019

Hello,
My two cents about this. First of all I would like to express huge thanks
to the MWG for the quality, completeness and seriousness of this report.
This is the kind of stuff that makes me proud of all volunteers dedicating
so much time, energy and dedication to OSM.
Concerning the governance, I find the MWG behaviour on this matter very
positive for the community. It has clearly shown that reactivity and
transparency were crucial for an incident like this, and this is what
members like me expect from the Board or WGs.
Given that there is now little doubt about GL intention to manipulate the
elections, I hope the Board will quickly reconsider revoking these
memberships, or at least seeking support for this decision by surveying the
OSMF membership.

Vincent