[Osmf-talk] Board statement - Membership Working Group report on unusual signups before OSMF election

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Thu Jan 31 12:05:31 UTC 2019

> On 30 Jan 2019, at 23:34, Mikel Maron <mikel.maron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why wasn't the report published by the board itself?
>
> Because the MWG imposed a deadline. We were about to publish.
>
> I personally think it's bad governance to have a WGs setting OSMF timelines without coordination with the Board.

Of course we coordinated with the board. We sent the report to the board in the first place. We delayed our release date repeatedly to suit the board, and were constantly running after the board to get feedback. In the interest of transparency, if there is a request, I would be happy to publish the relevant board-mwg email correspondance.

The last delay request one hour before midnight was unjustified and unreasonable. The board had known about that date for 12 days. It was clearly in the members’ interest to publish.

It took us a month to write it, should it take you a month to read it?

Guillaume