[Osmf-talk] Microgrants Committee starting up

Joost Schouppe joost at osmfoundation.org
Sat Apr 4 08:18:39 UTC 2020

Hi,

This is just a short message to share the news that the Microgrants
Committee is starting up. The team itself prefers not to do many small
communications, but rather first work out a plan and then talk about it
extensively. Right now, there is not even a subscription form, let alone a
deadline for submissions! So please hold - this message is purely to let
you know they have started out.

We made the final selection by March 24th. We had quite a bit of interest
in the job, and I did not like the job of having to turn down volunteers at
all. It does teach us that when there is a clear ask for a well defined
job, people will come! I asked the people we turned down if they still want
to help out the project; I'll pass the names of the interested to the team.

Anyway, here's the final selection:

   - Chris Beddow - US/Budapest
   - Hanna Kr├╝ger - Germany, Koln
   - Janet Chapman - Tanzania/London
   - Clifford Snow - Washington state, US
   - Geoffrey Katerrega - Uganda

Yesterday, they had their first meeting. I joined as a sort of facilitator,
and they have asked me to keep joining in. There are some rough minutes
from that meeting available, but please don't overanalyze them yet - we
didn't clean them up yet. They have already planned a second meeting next
week - this is a group that wants to get things moving!

I don't expect these first meetings to be public, as we're still very much
trying to get to know each other. That said, they -need- to be public in
the future, and if you're impatient, just contact
microgrants at osmfoundation.org

The relevant info is collected here:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Microgrants/Committee

Best,