[Osmf-talk] Budgets 2020 and 21

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Apr 19 18:06:05 UTC 2020

I'm kind of curious and haven't seen any deliberations on this in any of
the minutes (and yes I'm aware there isn't a published 2020 budget): has
the board considered the effects of losing the income from SotM in 2020
and 21?

While the foundation is no longer as dependent on SotM surpluses as it
used to be when they were the only regular source of non-earmarked
funds, it would seem as if potentially this and next year could dip
slightly in to the red. This will naturally depend substantially on how
much of the micro-grant funds are distributed, as this is roughly 50% on
top of a regular OSMF budget, so we might worst case dip for guestimate*
Euro 100k in to the reserves.

Simon

* I know this has been sabotaged a bit by numerous accounting related
changes, but could we get quarterly financial reports back? Particularly
in a time of turmoil it is important to know where you stand and if it
isn't even for the members, the board should have them for itself.