[Osmf-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Celine Jacquin celija at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:06:45 UTC 2020

Hello everybody
I hope you are all well

We, several groups, chapters, organizations and individuals, have reacted
to the conversation in the osm-talk-list (
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2020-December/085692.html)
considering that it is an incident symptomatic of the problem we have faced
for many years in the community, which is one of the greatest obstacles to
diversity at all levels of OSM. Time to make a real change.
That is why we have developed a beginning of statement on the desirable
mechanisms to work solidly on the rules of coexistence and improve
diversity.

We bring it to your attention and invite anyone who feels represented to
sign it. Translations are in preparation (any help is welcome):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/130JCTX9ve4H4ORXznmIVTpXiN3TX8nRGA8ayuTZ9ECI/edit?usp=sharing

On behalf of the signatories
Best regards

CĂ©line Jacquin