[Osmf-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Mon Dec 14 21:19:21 UTC 2020

 From the summary of the document, the main goal seems to be

"...to prioritize diversity and inclusion in positions of power..."

One of the best aspects of the OSM project is that these "positions of
power" are, compared to any other similar initiative, very weak. And
this has been so by design.

At least for my country - Bulgaria (now idea where it is positioned in
the 3D axis East-West, race, income) - I can safely say that the vast
majority of mappers do not (need to) know and care what the OSMF is and
what it does. Virtually no-one has an idea that this discussion rages on
here and is therefore not impacted/put off/whatever by it. And that is
great!

Let us keep "the positions of power" in OSM mostly irrelevant instead of
trying to make them heavier, controlling and professionalized. And
concentrate on making the fist node change for *any* new user easier.