[Osmf-talk] Agenda for F2F

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Mar 20 15:01:51 UTC 2020

On 20/03/2020 14:46, Christoph Hormann wrote:

> What i noticed at a quick look over this is that a lot of the
> formulations are using complex and highly culture dependent language
> that is going to be fairly hard to understand in particular for
> non-native English speakers.  With formulations like
>
> "The objective will be to compare perspectives and prioritize the most
> pressing issues with regard to community cohesion and vitality,
> including appropriate goals and practices for positive growth,
> constructive relations between different parts of the community,
> communications, diversity, inclusion and broadening participation."
>
> I have really next to no idea what this part for example is about.  Now
> as long as you all have a common understanding what specifically you
> are going to talk about here (and in other parts of the agenda) so
> everyone can prepare for that this is not a big problem but you should
> probably make sure that is actually the case.

Don't worry, most English people have no idea what that sort
of management buzzword speak means either, often including the
people that wrote it in the first place ;-)

I'm more worried about the board how sane they'll be after
seven hours with two fifteen minute breaks on Sunday... I can
only assume eating was considered an unnecessary luxury ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/