[Osmf-talk] OpenCoronaMap online

Heikki Vesanto heikki.vesanto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:42:31 UTC 2020

>  We have a trademark
policy that says please talk to us before you register an "open-XY-map"
domain.

Where is this trademark policy?

Because it is not on: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy

All that says is: "You need a trademark licence to register or use a domain
name that contains an OSM mark. Please don’t register a domain that looks
or sounds similar to an OSM mark, or includes a misspelled OSM mark, as
that can confuse OpenStreetMap users."

"open-XY-map" does not have an OSM mark, and does not sound similar to
OpenStreetmap.

-Heikki