[Osmf-talk] Freemap Slovakia Local Chapter application

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Nov 27 20:56:11 UTC 2020

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020, at 07:30, Roland Olbricht via osmf-talk wrote:
> (2)(b)
> "The Board of Directors decides on the admission of a regular member on
> the basis of a written application by an overwhelming majority of all
> members of the Board of Directors."
>
> This can be read as: the Board decides who is allowed to elect the next
> board.

This issue has appeared at other, previous, applications. I didn't like this idea, the idea of not having an open membership, but then I looked at the ~7 Local Chapters that had been approved before I joined the board, and all (except one) had this sort of rule in their constitution. I think it would unfair to new LCs if we held them to a higher standard as was set before

In addition, for the OSMF, the board currently has the right to decide that someone can't be an OSMF member for the first 30 days after they join. So the OSMF, sorta, has this rule too. I fear that ship has sailed....