[Osmf-talk] Possible AoA Amendment #2: Your boss can't force you to vote a certain way

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 09:28:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 21:48, Mikel Maron <mikel.maron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rory, the AoA already allow us to remove members.

But importantly, not to annul their votes. So we would find out after
the election that there was a voting ring, expel all the members, but
still have to appoint their candidates as board members anyway. That
hardly seems like a good solution.

So far we have one side saying we need to amend the AoA, and the other
side (consisting, I note, of prominent employees of large
corporations) saying that it's all fine, or it's too late, or we
should have done it differently but let's run this coming election
as-is. This doesn't fill me with confidence.

Perhaps there is a middle ground involving putting a policy to the
vote at an AGM, or something similar.

Thanks,
Andy