[Osmf-talk] YouthMappers Chapter

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Sun Sep 20 19:52:19 UTC 2020

on September 18th at 9:00-0500 we held a chat (#osm-pa @ oftc.net) with
people from the YouthMappers Chapter at the Universidad de Panamá,

I hadn't realized in advance that there would be the chief of YMI, whose
first words in the chat was asking me about my academic credentials —
something reminding me of Zhoran questioning Ray's right to live.  (no,
seriously!)

jokes aside, the meeting did help me with my doubts on this local YM
chapter, which I considered not particularly self-led nor
self-organized.  the meeting composition was telling: two people from
YMI (USA), two professors of the University of Panama, the current
Regional Ambassador (according to the youthmappers.org site), and
finally the chapter president, the only voice in the meeting mentioning
factual mapping, repeatedly patronized by one of the two professors.

I still do not know who else is in the chapter, but at least now I know
that it does not matter.

and this email is just not to leave a dangling question.

best regards all,

Mario Frasca