[Osmf-talk] Seeking feedback and interest in the OSMF Engineering Working Group

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jul 13 06:18:11 UTC 2021

Jul 8, 2021, 22:10 by roland.olbricht at gmx.de:

> Hi Mateusz,
>
>> All code written must be open-source and available without charge.
>>
>> This should apply also to documentation
>> and any other materials produced,
>> including reports, funding proposals,
>> budget. With exceptions for private data
>> in proposals like addresses and bank
>> account data.
>>

> Thank you for pointing this out. I'm one of the people who have asked
> the board to mandate us rebuilding the EWG.
>
> We simply understood open everything as granted and uncontroversial.

I assumed the same, but see Microgrants where making decisions and
reasoning for selecting specific projects turned out to be secret.

I would prefer to state explicitly that decision making process for funding
will be public, despite that it has some negative consequences (easier
to nitpick decisions taken).