[Osmf-talk] Seeking feedback and interest in the OSMF Engineering Working Group

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:43:17 UTC 2021

> There is no legal or moral basis for OSMF members to request anything in
terms of transparency from people contemplating and discussing the
formation of a working group before they have actually started it of course.

Correct. The group is not formed yet. This has however been discussed as a priority for a while — there are references in board meeting minutes and a bit more detail in board face to face notes. This work is from a small “proto” group that has been organized by Paul Norman who had been part of the discussions as a board member before. The board and this group have had some minor back and forth on the scope. We in the osmf don’t as a practice share edit history of docs, but snapshots at specific relevant points in time.
The sharing of this draft charter now is to explicitly get open dialogue and feedback. Appreciate the feedback so far — mainly notes on operating openly. Have not had a lot more specific feedback than that, would love more!
We are also soliciting open interest in the group now, so that when it starts to form people can be included. I’ll note that we’ve only had one expression of interest so far — please get in touch via board at osmfoundation.org if interested!

Mikel