[Osmf-talk] google Open Buildings usage request

dfjkman at gmail.com dfjkman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:24:44 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

After a quick look at the data available for parts of Zambia I know well I would suggest that caution is used. I had a look at areas in the middle of Lake Kariba and there are buildings marked that are obviously boats or what are known as Kapenta rigs used for netting kapenta, a small sardine like fish. I also did a quick check in the Kafue National Park where there should be very few buildings and I suspect ant hills are being mapped here as buildings, something remote mappers tend to do as well. Africa is already full of very poor data, adding to it would not help in any way.

Regards,

Dave Jackman