[OSRM-talk] edge weights different than time

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Tue Mar 8 18:15:52 UTC 2016

Hi Christian,

  One the oldest tickets:

    https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/77 <https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/77>

  is all about this.  Your observation is correct, there is currently no separation
  between durations and "routing weight".  We've been discussing implementing
  this recently (at Mapbox), but no definite plans yet.  It will increase the
  memory usage.

  If you take your second option, you can consider encoding the extra metadata
  you need in the "name" attribute, and split it out again when you receive your
  route results.  Note that OSRM emits a turn instruction every time the "name" changes,
  so you'd need to cater for that if you're displaying turn-by-turn instructions to users.

daniel