[OSRM-talk] Breaking server API changes

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Tue Mar 22 10:15:23 UTC 2016

Copying from https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2126 for
broader publicity.

For a while we've been working on OSRM 5.0.0, which will bring big changes
to the osrm-routed HTTP API. You can see the new HTTP API here:

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/New-Server-api

The ticket at https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2126 is
to keep you updated about when https://router.project-osrm.org will be
switched over to the new API:

    - We will announce the exact date and time of the switchover 7 days in
advance in this issue and on this mailinglist

    - We will release a *release candidate* before doing the switchover

    - We will not release the final version of OSRM 5.0 before doing the
switchover

    - If you want to test the new API now already, set it up yourself from
the rewrite/new-api branch

    - We will not provide the old and new API at the same time, but do a
hard switchover of the demo server

    - Drop a comment on this issue to be notified of changes and/or give us
input

Downstream projects that are already tracking for the update as of writing
this:
    - openstreetmap.org
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1161

    - Leaftlet Routing Machine