Removing P1 from the 'Edit' menu

Mon Oct 8 14:45:00 BST 2012

On 08/10/2012 14:35, Tom MacWright wrote:
> +1, though the stock reason for why it is offered (so I've heard) is
>  that it allows people to undelete objects, I think? Is that the
> case, or no longer valid, or something I fever-dreamed up?

Yep, that's right. There's an undelete capability buried deep in the
Rails port which is only accessible via P1's AMF (binary) API... not
least because it's so inefficient that putting it on public view would
probably cause the db to slow to a crawl.

It's worth keeping until an alternative is coded, but a sufficiently
minority interest that I think it'd be ok to provide it by simply
keeping P1 accessible via URL-munging and "set your preferred editor" only.

cheers
Richard