[openstreetmap-website] User Changeset Feed Defaults to Last Editor If Specified User Doesn't Exist (#46)

Andy Allan notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 12 01:06:50 GMT 2012

There's plenty of other places where the API gives inappropriate response codes - 412 precondition failed being my biggest bugbear. (Un?)fortunately we haven't had an API change in a while.

However, I think that when you make a valid request ("give me the feed, here's the username") for a resource that doesn't exist ("no feed found for the username you gave"), 404 Not Found is the correct response.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/46#issuecomment-9363762