[openstreetmap-website] Add welcome page (#338)

John Firebaugh notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 8 23:45:25 UTC 2013

AFAICT the case of an expired confirmation token was never properly handled. I've added an expiration check.

> Of course there is a fundamental conflict here between wanting to preserve what the user was trying to do, and wanting to show them the welcome screen.

Yes, redirecting to the welcome screen was an intentional change. That said, the redirect tries to preserve any edit location parameters for the "Start Mapping" button -- that's now been updated to recognize the hash format (and any old-style edit URLs are now first redirected to hash-based params).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/338#issuecomment-22366628