[OpenStreetMap] #5049: website search box and "where am I" reverse geocoding is not available anymore for use in potlatch2

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Tue Dec 3 01:54:37 UTC 2013

#5049: website search box and "where am I" reverse geocoding is not available
anymore for use in potlatch2
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  potlatch2 geocoding
--------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by aseerel4c26):

 @Richard: "downgrade" is the most expressive/describing term here, IMHO.
 Sorry, I do not see a reason for displaying false happiness.

 The search in Potlatch is flash (no browser autocompletion, no middle
 click to paste, ...). The small mag. glass icon is not easy to spot (in
 fact it looks like a zoom control ... near the +/-). The website's search
 box is more obvious and known to the user. And, reverse geocoding is not
 offered by P2, of course (I sometimes like to use bits of that in
 changeset comments).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5049#comment:2>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>