[OpenStreetMap] #5049: website search box and "where am I" reverse geocoding is not available anymore for use in potlatch2

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Sat Dec 7 22:35:06 UTC 2013

#5049: website search box and "where am I" reverse geocoding is not available
anymore for use in potlatch2
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  potlatch2 geocoding

Comment (by aseerel4c26):

 I found another downside of P2's built in search: It does use a third-
 party server (http://open.mapquestapi.com/) instead of osm.org's own. If
 someone does not like to share personal data with mapquest P2's search
 feature is a nogo.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5049#comment:3>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>