[openstreetmap-website] Filterable Map Notes (#486)

vincentdephily notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 4 12:51:43 UTC 2013

Generalizing the #survey_needed idea, I think the main thing we need is an #info_needed tag to filter out notes that we can do nothing about until either the original poster replies, or a survey is done. Posting a reply would, by default, clear the #info_needed flag.

There are plenty of other possible criterias (date, author, tool), but I feel this one is the most important (I'd even consider assigning a different icon for notes with that status). It gives a clear feedback to non-editing contributors, and allows separating survey sessions from armchair mapping.

The other big difference between that criteria and the others proposed, is that it is extra info in the db, that we are not collecting yet. I could write my own note-filtering interface today, but the #info_needed flag needs to be implemented upstream (I could hack a "last comment text contains need_info" filter, but it would lack standardisation).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/486#issuecomment-27682576