[OpenStreetMap] #5027: the user's "notes" layer state should not be changed permanently (by saving into his _osm_location cookie) when he opens a link with layers=N

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Tue Nov 5 14:22:58 UTC 2013

#5027: the user's "notes" layer state should not be changed permanently (by saving
into his _osm_location cookie) when he opens a link with layers=N
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  reopened
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  slippymap
--------------------------+-------------------------
Changes (by TomH):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  wontfix =>

Comment:

 No, bugs are not "willingly accepted" at all. But all software involves
 tradeoffs and sometimes you have to decide that the cost of a particular
 fix is not something that you want to pay because of the other effects it
 has.

 Yes, we could just leave the bug open forever in the hope that somebody
 comes up with a clever way of fixing it, but that would really just be
 giving false hope - we have hundreds of open bugs many of which have been
 open for years and we don't have hordes of people magically coming along
 and fixing them.

 If it makes you happy, and stops you denigrating the developers on the
 help site, then I will happily reopen this bug.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5027#comment:11>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>