[OpenStreetMap] #5017: share link text box selects URL text automatically (that is: messes around with user's UI)

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Fri Oct 25 00:10:33 UTC 2013

#5017: share link text box selects URL text automatically (that is: messes around
with user's UI)
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  share
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by aseerel4c26):

 Replying to [comment:3 TomH]:

 I think so too. Still, it is a "defect" from my POV/usecase. The main
 problem is that the copy-by-select-and-paste-by-middle-click feature
 (common for Linux at least) is not possible anymore (not sure why it is
 still working in Chromium).

 Sure, there are many workarounds. Still it is annoying.

 If this "feature"/defect would be switched off/fixed then Windows users
 would need to do a double click (usually) in the text box instead of a
 single click (and copy by crl+c or context menu). Not that much more,
 right and is expected from textboxes by the user.  But for the current
 behaviour it completely breaks the usual workflow (aka: why the hell,
 can't I select that text.. damn... ggrrr).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5017#comment:4>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>