[openstreetmap-website] In certain situations, closing the pane with information about an element moves the center of map to a different position (#729)

M Somerville notifications at github.com
Thu May 28 08:04:44 UTC 2015

@tomhughes Sorry, I don't follow; I haven't mentioned the left side panel opening, the issue is when you close the side panel. If you do my step 1 and immediately close the search box, the map doesn't move. If you do my step 3 as a fresh page load and close the way box, the map does not move. It is only if you start with a search box, click a search result, *then* close the search box, that the map/URL gets confused, not doing the same thing as starting with step 3 afresh. So that seems like a clear bug to me, having the URL hash ever not matching the centre point of the shown map, and I'm not sure what problems fixing that particular instance would cause; it's certainly the only issue I get frequently using OSM. Sorry if I've misunderstood.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/729#issuecomment-106223712