[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] Added color preview box in tag browser sidebar (#1779)
notifications at github.com
Tue Mar 6 11:12:26 UTC 2018
stefanb commented on this pull request.
> @@ -188,4 +190,16 @@ def telephone_link(_key, value)
+ def colour_preview(key, value)
+ return nil unless (key =~ /^(|building:|ref:|roof:)colour$/ || key =~ /^(int_)?ref:colour(_(bg|tx))?$/) && !value.nil?
If we just look at the existing data and disregard the wiki, we should
* also make the "u" in "colour" optional. - https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=color
* allow any optional prefix and suffix, not requiring any special separators
* drop the case sensitivity
Which makes the regex boild down to simple:
which can be understood that the editor wanted to tag some colour property and if the value indeed looks like a colour (hex code or valid w3c value) we can provide the preview.
Or we could require some common key structure. According to https://taginfo.openstreetmap
require some common key structure. According to https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=colour we could generalize it to:
* alow any optional prefix, separated by colon (:) or underscore (_)
* allow any optional suffix, separated by colon (:) or underscore (_)
* insist on british spelling with "u"
* require lowercase
Both generalizations would allow us to preview all sorts of future colour tags, even unforeseen enforcements:
What level of generalization did you have in mind?
* any tag or any tag that looks like it is related to colour
* any structure or some specific separators
* any spelling (british or us also)
* any case (upper, lower, whatever)
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev