[Rebuild] Progress update

Jørgen Elgaard Larsen jel at elgaard.net
Thu Jun 21 18:13:40 BST 2012

Alan Mintz wrote:
> I've seen no such demonstration of desire. The only thing we real
> mappers are discussing is anxiety over exactly what will happen and
> when, and the huge amount of data that is tainted and will be lost when
> this thing is shoved down our throats.

For what it's worth, I am a real mapper, and I do not feel anything
being shoved down my throat.

Of course, I am also anxious about the amount of change, but I am sure
we mappers can cope with the remapping in a relatively short time.

> Is this really the problem? Have we been "barking up the wrong tree?"
Yes. And too late.

> The osmf-talk list isn't even in the list of lists - you have to know it's
> there

You get subscribed to it automatically when you become a member of OSMF
(at least I did). Please note that I am in no way associated with the
"evil" board or anything other in the core of OSMF. I simply joined
because I am a mapper and wanted to support the project financially and
have a bit of influence.

Perhaps you should join, too?

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Join

Complaining about the OSMF's decisions without being a member seems a
bit odd to me.

- Jørgen

P.S Also sorry for the crosspostings. I Recommend FUT
talk at openstreetmap.org only.