[Rebuild] Progress on rebuild plan

Kate Chapman k8chapman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:20:29 GMT 2012

How long is the read-only period supposed to last?  If it starts before
April 1st that will cause some issues for HOT's work in Indonesia.  We are
holding 2 workshops of around 100 people next week and life would be much
easier if we could edit during that time.

Best,

-Kate

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Harry Wood <mail at harrywood.co.uk> wrote:

> > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>
> wrote:

> >> Accounts that are informed and aware of the license change, yet who
> >> choose to delay until the last minute to agree are a small audience,
> >> surely?  We've been remapping for months.
> >
> >Yes, probably. But April 1st was the only firm date we had until today
> >so that's what I put into my contact messages. We can only work with
> >what we have. Seems lame to go and change it on people one week
> >before.
> >
> >Toby
> >

> Well I think it's a good point Toby. Many people are expecting nothing to
> happen until April 1st.
>
> Meanwhile many other people are expecting it to be finished on April 1st
>
> ...but this is just because we weren't being specific when the date was on
> the distant horizon.  We can't meet the exact expectations of *both* these
> groups, so I think we can take our pick. Dermot/Matt/Frederick are you
> going to start or finish on April 1st?  ...I know which one I would pick :-)
>
> Harry

Kate Chapman
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
email: k8chapman at gmail.com web: http://hot.openstreetmap.org/
U.S. mobile: +1 703 673 8834 Indonesian mobile: +62 82123068370