[Rebuild] OSMI, CLEANMAP, JOSM and openstreetmap-license-change

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 28 13:53:47 BST 2012

I'm planning on turning cleanmap etc off rsn (it does cost money and I
would at least want to use the system for more productive stuff). I may
wait till we have tiles from the redacted DB, but not longer than that.
The undelete layer in its current form will be gone latest by the 14th
(it being provided by the backup machine for cleanmap which will go away
then), but may resurface sometime in the future based on a redacted full
history planet.

Switching to an algorithm closer to the one actually used by the
redaction process would mainly nean implementing the v0 rule and would
be entirely possible.  However it implies (besides the coding) reseeding
object status, for a rather small gain, for a very short period of time.
In other cases using the actual algorithm would be counter-productive
for a useful visualization (MPs for example). So at this point in time I
am not planning on updating anything.

Simon

PS: I will keep the last version of the garmin map overlays around for a
while.