[Rebuild] Community feedback required - significance of word reversal in names

Eugene Sandulenko sev.mail+osm at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:25:55 BST 2012

On 8 May 2012 00:45, Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Original name: ул. Гая
> Reversed version: Гая ул.
>
> I tend to agree that the change isn't significant. Likewise I'm not
> aware of other languages in which it would be a significant change to
> reverse the word order of a 2-word string.
It is definitely not a significant change. Moreover, for some time the
toponyms are being set in from or on backward position of the street
name by a bot (there are complex rules created by Russian community
mappers).

I run similar semi-automatic bot which puts word улица always at the
end in territory of Ukraine, as it was agreed by the community in
2009.

Eugene