[OSM-Science] pre-SotM survey

Levente Juhász jlevente89 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 15:29:41 UTC 2019

Hi Joost & Board Members,

It's a great idea to survey community members regularly to get a more
accurate picture of what's going on. I would love to help out with the
Hungarian translations once the questionnaire is finalized. I believe I can
find others to help in case the number of responses in Hungarian gets out
of control.

For the content of the survey, I think a global/local distinction would be
useful when you ask about SotM and communication channels. Many people
attend local SotM events but can't make it to (or don't know about) the
global one. Similarly, some might interact with @OpenStreetMapUS on Twitter
but not @OpenStreetMap and it's not instantly obvious from "openstreetmap
twitter" which one you mean. Making this distinction (e.g. by explicitly
asking about local and global SotM) would also help figuring out if the
community is actually aware of the differences or not. Just an idea...

Best,
Levente