[Tagging] Tagging highway=cycleway without explicit knowledge of the law?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 04:03:05 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 1:05 PM, James Livingston <doctau at mac.com> wrote:
> It had source=nearmap because it was traced from nearmap. I've never seen source:highway=* to indicate how they decided what kind of path it is.

It's rare, but probably a good idea. Sometimes if I move a few nodes
on an existing way that has a source tag, I'll end up with
"source=yahoo,nearmap" or something.

I also use "fixme" tags like "fixme=needs survey" when I'm uncertain
about what I can see on the imagery. It's often hard to tell whether a
laneway goes all the way through or is blocked mid way.

Steve