[Tagging] Non Proposed Features

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:32:22 BST 2010

Am 16. August 2010 16:31 schrieb Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de>:
> I checked the current german map feature list and noticed a lot few features
> and key that are new but non proposed. I beg the authors to move them out of
> the list back to the proposed features.

this might not in all cases be justified. Actually it isn't helpful if
established features are taken back to proposed status for formal
criteria.

>... but IMHO the
> feature list needs some kind of soft moderation:

which is already executed by the comunity. In unclear cases the
disputed features will usually pop up on the mailing lists for further
discussion.

> 1. it is for the most people 'the reference' esp. newbies
> 2. the community should have the right to talk about new ideas

+1

> 3. Proposals seem to be the only way to avoid conflicts and get good models
> that work fine worldwide.

I'm not so sure about this. I think many features just get somehow
into the system and get documented in the wiki later when they are
already widely in use.

> Especially complete new Keys like OFFICE=* or EMERGENCY=* should be
> discussed to show up where their items start and end and if there might be
> better solutions.

I think this is currently in discussion on the lists for emergency.
Office was already discussed quite a bit in the past months. AFAIK it
is not disputed.

cheers,
Martin