[Tagging] How to tag an unsigned bike lane?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Aug 23 22:30:08 BST 2010

Here in Nashville, Tennessee, USA I have seen instances where there is no marked right-turn lane, so that the bike lane continues across the intersection (meaning that cars are expected to turn right across the bike lane); instances where the bike-lane markings stop shortly before the intersection, and you have a right-turn lane instead of a bike lane (the most common situation); and even one rather poorly-designed case where the right-turn lane and the bicycle lane cross each other in an X, so that, once you reach the intersection, the bike lane is actually between the driving lanes and the right-turn lane.