[Tagging] Proposed definition for cycleways (was Re: bicycle=no)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:47:50 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> and the poor Austrians, Swiss, Turkish
> and the poor Belarus, Belgians, Brazilians, French, Dutch if it is not
> also designated for pedestrians or an alternative for pedestrians
> exists.
>
> Please stop considering OSM as a UK, Germany and more recently US and
> Australia centric project even if the activity of this list might give
> this impression.

I think "Germany" in this case has been used as a convenient placeholder for
"countries with cycleways like they have in Germany". But your point is well
made, and I apologise, as one of the guilty parties.

> Look this (old) wiki page about this (old) topic:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions

Is it "old" as in, obsolete? Should we make an Australian entry, or is it no
longer relevant?

Steve