[Tagging] steel worker and smaller concrete structures on site

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:01:10 BST 2011

I think Josh's joke does get to a serious answer to your question: I don't
think you should use the word that describes the worker, but the word that
describes the work.  However, I see that in the craft=* space (is this where
you're heading with this Martin?) most of the tags do describe the person
doing the work rather than the kind of work they do (ie - carpenter not
carpentry, photographer not photography, etc. although there are also cases
like pottery instead of potter).

About "steel worker", I would imagine that as a person working in a steel
mill, who might also be called a foundry worker.  The other case you mention
could be called a framer, although carpenter or just construction worker
might be more common.


On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/4/15 Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com>:
> > I feel so confused... of course you aren't talking about mapping
> people.... ??
> Let's say I am tagging people offering services. I am less interested
> in the man working in the steel mill, I am interested in the word for
> constructing supporting/structural steel buildings.
> cheers,
> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20110415/fe493321/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list