[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr keys (2011-04)

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:20:33 BST 2011

In the US, this is usually generically called a "unit"--for a full list of
USPS "secondary units":
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/usps_abbreviations.html#secunitdesig  You
can see Suite is one of these, along with Apartment and many others.

This page collects info about worldwide mail systems, at least Canada and
Australia seem to have unit designations similar to the US:
http://www.bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats.html

Royal Mail does have a way to search for flat number, but didn't see
anything more than that on their website.
http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/postcodefinder?pageId=pcaf_pc_search&postcodeSearchType=detailed&catId=28400668
 Guess
this leaves us with Richard's question: is there a different British term?

Brad